These are a few example metrics from the P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) plugin, using WP Test Data, and the default settings of several popular plugins, along with the WordPress Core and Twenty Fourteen theme for reference purposes compared with MashShare Social Media Icons:
- 0.0166 secs – MashShare Social Media Icons SEO Share Buttons v2.1.2 (no Add-Ons)
- 0.0174 secs – Facebook v1.5.5
- 0.0176 secs – WPSSO Social Sharing Buttons (SSB) v1.0.10 + WPSSO
- 0.0181 secs – MailPoet Newsletters (aka Wysija Newsletters) v2.6.11
- 0.0125 secs – ShareThis v7.0.17
- 0.0140 secs – AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget v3.5.10
- 0.0150 secs – WPSSO Social Sharing Buttons (SSB) v1.0.9
- 0.0170 secs – Digg Digg v5.3.6
- 0.0181 secs – Facebook v1.5.5 (Provides Only Facebook Buttons)
- 0.0258 secs – All in One SEO Pack v184.108.40.206
- 0.0293 secs – JetPack by WordPress.com v2.9.2 ()
- 0.0342 secs – WP e-Commerce v220.127.116.11 (No Products)
- 0.0348 secs – WordPress Social Sharing Optimization (WPSSO) v2.6.8
- 0.0416 secs – WordPress SEO by Yoast v1.6.3
- 0.0457 secs – NextGEN Facebook (NGFB) v18.104.22.168
- 0.0730 secs – MarketPress Lite – WordPress eCommerce v22.214.171.124 (No Products)
- 0.0749 secs – bbPress v2.5.4 (No Forums or Topics)
- 0.0800 secs – Easy Digital Downloads v2.1.5 (No Products – no Add-Ons)
- 0.0924 secs – WordPress Twenty Fourteen Theme v1.1
- 0.1003 secs – SEO Ultimate v126.96.36.199
- 0.1021 secs – WooCommerce v2.2.6 (No Products)
- 0.1092 secs – WordPress Core v4.0.0
- 0.1404 secs – BuddyPress v2.1.1 (No Activities)
- 0.1404 secs – NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati v188.8.131.52 (No Galleries or Images)
- 0.0096 secs – Share Buttons by AddToAny v1.3.4
- 0.0096 secs – SumoMe v1.1.0
- 0.0232 secs – Shareaholic | share buttons, analytics, related content v184.108.40.206
This Benchmarks were executed on Intel i5 2.3Ghz, 8GB DDR3, using an APC opcode/object cache without any DB or file Cache Plugin like W3Total, WordPress v4.0, and P3 v1.5.2 ( Attempt to disable opcode optimizers – Otherwise some plugins can not be tested) and in manual mode to make sure that the same page is loaded. Automatic execution of P3 would randomly load WordPress pages which is inaccurate for testing on same conditions. All plugins were benchmarked on separate instances with no other plugins enabled.
The benchmarks were run a few times to make sure that any internal plugin caching function is fired. E.g. MashShare gets only really fast after second load of a page because the share count must be returned from external service first and than stored into internal object cache.
These benchmarks give only a vast overview of performance differences and results will vary on other WordPress installations depending on different hardware and software configurations.
For this test, the P3 Option ‘Attempt to disable opcode optimizers’ is enabled (Otherwise some plugin benchmarks return no benchmark times ).
So real execution time of every single Plugin is faster (probably with a similar factor for all benchmarked plugins) but can not be measured exactly with my testing environment.